NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER. Imagine If, With Jif® Contest (“Contest”) begins on or about Noon Eastern Time (“ET”) on 09/12/17 and ends on or about at Noon ET on 10/23/17 (“Submission Period”).
Jif is celebrating opportunities for parents and their kids to make the world a better place for everyone by discovering and funding projects doing just that. Jif is asking families to “Imagine If, with Jif” and submit their entrepreneurial ideas for the opportunity to receive up to $30,000 from Jif and crowdfund on Indiegogo to help make their dreams reality and spread more love into the world.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Go to the Jif jif.com/imagine-if or enterprise.indiegogo.com/imagineifwithjif during the Submission Period and submit an Official Entry registration including your primary valid email address and then complete your complete name, your participating child’s/children’s complete name(s), address including ZIP code, telephone number, date of birth (parent and child), an entrepreneurial idea description (500 words or less), and a video pitching and showcasing idea. (“Entry”). The Entry must be in English and all Entries must be uploaded privately to YouTube or Vimeo and the private video link submitted on the Jif jif.com/imagine-if or enterprise.indiegogo.com/imagineifwithjif. The Entry video must be a private video link or it will be disqualified. One entry per email address. Once an Entry is submitted, it cannot be modified. The parent or legal guardian submitting the Entry will be designated as the “Entrant.” Entrant must receive written permission from any persons that may appear in the video, if selected as a finalist. Family members that appear in the Entry video will be designated as “Family Members.” The Entrant and Family Members will be collectively known as “Team”.
- Entries cannot be affiliated with any third-party organization as the ultimate beneficiary of funds/services. Entries cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, contain content that is unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity, promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message is prohibited, cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group, defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Jif, The J.M. Smucker Company (“Sponsor”) or its products, or other people, products or companies.
- In the sole discretion of the Sponsor, Entries will be disqualified if they contain or are the subject of any of the following: (a) Entries cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (b) Entries cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; (c) the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the Entrant (except for copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor), such infringement is grounds for disqualification from the Contest. Do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your Entry and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor. (d) No background artwork or music should appear in an Entry unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, music, etc. that can be seen or heard in Entry must be created solely by the Entrant or Entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein. Entries cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without their permission. (e) Entries cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and (f) Entries cannot depict any illegal activity and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entries made through robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar Entry duplication method, or Entries made through any third-party website, and to disqualify any individual using such a method.
- By submitting an Entry, each Entrant and Family Member: 1) irrevocably grants Sponsor a royalty-free exclusive license throughout the world to use, re-use, copy, publish, republish in whole or in part, edit, add to, modify, and rearrange the Entry in whatever media, including without limitation, to edit, rearrange, and/or copy the Entry for use in the promotion of Sponsor’s products and services, without further permission, consideration or payment to the Entrant, except where prohibited; 2) warrants and represents that the Entry is entirely the original creation/work of the Team and that use of the Entry as described herein will not violate any law or infringe upon the rights, title, claim or interest of any third party; and 3) certifies that the Team is the creator and sole copyright owner of the Entry. Further, each Family Member must have consented to the submission of the Entry into this Contest.
ELIGIBILITY (for all Entrants): The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older. The Entrant’s child must be under the age of 18. The Entrant must have a valid bank account; bank account requirements can be found here: https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/202916298-How-to-Set-Up-a-Bank-Account. Entrants and Family Members cannot be: (i) subject to an acting, modeling, licensing, or any other contract that would make his/her appearance in the work a violation of a third-party rights; or (ii) under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to any guild or union memberships, that would in any way limit or impair Sponsor’s ability to display or use the Entry, name or likeness of any individual appearing in the Entry or any work created for the Contest in any media form in perpetuity on a royalty-free basis, without any payment of fees obligations of any kind. The Released Parties, as stated above, including, but not limited to, Sponsor sales representatives, judging agencies, and all other service agencies involved with this Contest, as well as members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse) or households (whether or not related) of any of the above are not eligible to enter the Contest. Contest is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited.
JUDGING OF FINALIST DETERMINATION: Phase 1 will begin on or around September 12, 2017 and continue until on or around October 23, 2017. There will be a total of three (3) Entrants selected as Finalists and notified via email on or around October 25, 2017. If Sponsor’s notification is returned as undeliverable, that Finalist will be disqualified and the next highest scoring Entry may become a Finalist. These Finalists will be announced publicly, each will receive a Finalist Prize and launch crowdfunding campaigns on Indiegogo on or around November 13, 2017. Eligible Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of judges, including representatives of the Sponsor, and a total of three (3) Finalists Entries (“Finalists”) will be selected based upon the three (3) highest point totals using the following criteria.
- Project Feasibility (0-40 points) (40%): The likelihood that this Entry has the realistic potential to come to life in a meaningful and impactful way.
- Mission Fit (0-30 points) (30%): The project owner should be a fit with the brand’s mission to empower parents and kids to make the world a better place, meaning they are an embodiment of the “Imagine If, With Jif” program and the Jif brand. The submitted Entry should feature a collaboration between parent and child.
- Creativity and Originality (0-30 points) (30%): The Entry should make the world a better place in a creative and unique way.
(1-3, collectively “Finalist Judging Criteria”) Decisions of the judges will be final and binding on all matters. In the event of a tie, the Finalists involved in the tie will be re-judged by an additional qualified judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate Finalists according to the Finalist Judging Criteria listed above. In the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion), less than three (3) Finalists will be selected or this Contest, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, may be cancelled or the Sponsor may take such other actions as it deems reasonable in the circumstances.
FINAL JUDGING AND GRAND PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATION: PHASE 2: Phase 2 will begin on or around November 13, 2017 and will continue through January 2018. Finalists will crowdfund on Indiegogo between on or around November 13, 2017 and on or around December 18, 2017 to raise funds. Finalists will raise funds on Indiegogo using the Flexible Funding option. There is no upper limit to the amount of money a Finalist can raise in their crowdfunding campaign. The funds raised will be part of the Grand Prize Winner determination. On or around the January 15, 2018, one Finalist will be selected as the Grand Prize Winner by a qualified panel of judges, including representatives of the Sponsor, and notified via email to receive the Grand Prize of $20,000 based on the criteria outlined below.
- Project Impact (0-40 Points) (40%): The Entry should make a positive difference in the world and align with the Jif mission to make the world a better place.
- Campaign Success (0-35 Points) (35%): The Entry’s ability to reach its contribution/campaign goal.
- a. Funds Raised (0-17.5 Points)-Points awarded based on the percentage the Entry has reached its contribution/campaign goal.
- b. Number of Contributors (0-17.5 Points)- Points awarded based on the minimum number of unique contributors of 100.
- BONUS Points (0-5 Points): 1 bonus point may be awarded for every $5,000 over Entry’s contribution goal. 1 bonus point may be awarded for every 100 extra contributors over minimum number of unique contributors 100. Maximum number of bonus points an Entry can receive is 5.
- Project Quality (0-25 Points) (25%): The Entry is well-thought-out and carefully planned with clear pitch text, descriptive timeline, overview of fund allocation, regular updates to contributors, etc.
TIMELINE (dates not exact):
9/12/17 – Program Launch & Entries Open
10/23/17 – Entries Close
10/25/17 – Three Finalists Selected and Notified
11/13/17 – Finalists Announced, Finalist Crowdfunding Campaigns Launch, Finalist Prizes $10,000 (3) Awarded
12/31/17 – Crowdfunding Campaigns End
1/15/18 – Grand Prize Winner Selected and Grand Prize $20,000 Awarded
1/23/18 – Grand Prize Winner Announced
Each Finalist Entrant and each Family Member will be required to return completed documentation, including but not limited to an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted) for him- or herself and for each Family Member in the Entry, within 3 business days of prize notification via email and overnight mail, if not otherwise instructed. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign and return documentation including but not limited to a Letter of Acknowledgement and Nondisclosure of Grand Prize Winner status within 3 business days of prize notification via email and overnight mail, if not otherwise instructed. If a Finalist or Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted within 3 business days or rejects the prize, then his or her prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate selection. All funds received will be subject to Indiegogo’s standard platform fees outlined here. All recipients are solely responsible for taxes on funding. Non-compliance by any Finalist Entrant and/or each Family Member will result in disqualification of that Finalist and the next highest scoring Entry may become a Finalist. By signing and returning an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release, each Finalist Entrant and Family Member(s) agrees to the use of his/her Entry, name, voice, hometown and/or likeness/photograph for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, known or hereafter invented throughout the world in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation and agree to a criminal and personal social media background investigation during the Finalist notification process. In the event the criminal background investigation consists of any criminal record, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify that Finalist. In the event a Finalist’s or Family Member’s personal social media investigation consists of content found in any social medium that is false or contains misleading claims about Sponsor and its products or services, that defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its products or services, or other people or companies; or communicates any message or image that is inconsistent with Sponsor’s positive image and/or good will with which Sponsor wishes to associate or contains content that violates any rule, law or regulation, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify that Finalist. By signing and returning an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted), each Finalist agrees that he/she and Family Members will keep the Finalist status confidential and will not communicate or announce the Finalist status to any individual, media, or networking service until authorized by Sponsor. In the event a Finalist or Family Member communicates or announces the Finalist status publically as stated herein before Sponsor authorization, that Finalist Entry may be disqualified and the next highest scoring Entry may be deemed a Finalist.
PRIZES: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize consists of a $20,000 direct deposit into the bank account designated on the Indiegogo campaign, payable to the Entrant; THREE (3) FINALIST PRIZES: Each Finalist’s Prize consists of $10,000 direct deposit into the bank account designated on the Indiegogo campaign, payable to the Entrant.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor reserves the right, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in the event that any Prize is unavailable. By entering this Contest, all Entrants agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, judges, and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees or representatives from and against any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, harm, damage (including but not limited to property damage, personal injury and/or death), claims, actions, costs and expenses (including without limitation, all attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with any Prize or resulting from participation in this Contest or from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any Prize or participation in any Prize-related activity or use by Sponsor of the Entry in any manner. The parent or legal guardian for any Finalist Entrant or Family Member who is an eligible minor under applicable state law will be required to sign all required documents stated herein. Submission of a Contest Entry will constitute and signify the Entrants agreement and consent (or that of a parent or legal guardian if Entrant is an eligible minor under applicable law) that the Sponsor and/or the Sponsor’s assignees may use the Entry, name, photograph, likeness and/or Prize information for promotional purposes in commerce and in all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed without time limitation and without further compensation, except where prohibited. Submission of a Contest Entry will constitute and signify the Finalist Entrant and all Family Members’ consent to participate in media interviews (broadcast, print) as directed by Sponsor. Submission of any Entry constitutes the Entrant’s (or his/her parent’s or guardian’s) consent to irrevocably license exclusively to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in and to the Entry, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, not including the intellectual property idea itself. All Prize winners are solely responsible for any local, state, or federal taxes on Prizes. If, for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as planned by any cause which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, or if due to any technical, production or other error, more Prizes are claimed or awarded than are described in these Official Rules at any Prize level, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and determine the winners from eligible Entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. No more than the number of Prizes stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. The program and its Official Rules are governed by U.S. law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Family Members and Sponsor in connection with the program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Ohio, in the City of Orrville.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant, such Entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e‑mail address submitted at the time of Entry. “Authorized account holder” is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e‑mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e‑mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e‑mail address. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for lost, late, stolen, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or non-delivered Submissions; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Contest Website or HUB or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, or miscommunications, or failed computer, network, telephone, satellite, or cable hardware, software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Submission or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of Contest Website. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds may be tampering with the entry process or operation of this Contest or Contest Website or HUB, may be acting in violation of the terms of the Website or the Official Rules or may be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Any attempt to deliberately damage any Website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ENTRANTS’ ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR HUB OR DOWNLOADING FROM/UPLOADING TO AND OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE CONTENT WEBSITE OR JIF.COM/IMAGINEIF IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURSIDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
WINNERS LIST: For the names of Prize Winners, available after January 31, 2018, visit jif.com/imagine-if, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope with proper postage affixed to: The Imagine If, With Jif Contest Winners List, Ketchum, Inc., C/O Julia Darrencamp, 200 E Randolph St, Floor 36, Chicago, IL 60601Requests must be received by February 28, 2018. Winners list will be available after all Winners have been verified.
SPONSOR: The J.M. Smucker Company, One Strawberry Lane, Orrville, OH 44667.
©/® The J.M. Smucker Company.