PFIZER GET OLD CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) OFFICIAL RULES
- ENTRY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Contest contestants will enter by submitting their ideas online to the Project Get Old entry form on the Contest page hosted by Indiegogo, Inc., found at http://enterprise.indiegogo.com/getold. Contest contestants will follow the submission steps at this site location, as well as the entrance deadlines outlined under DESCRIPTION. All submissions must meet the requirements set forth on the Contest page and the submission requirements outlined under Eligibility and Entry Directions. Any ideas submitted will therein be placed into a selection process as outlined under WINNER SELECTION. There is not a limit to number of Submissions (as defined below) per person. Submissions cannot involve items, ideas or devices that require regulatory review or approval of the Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) or other regulatory review and approval of any other governmental entity. Such ideas will be disqualified.
- DESCRIPTION: The Contest starts at 12:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 15, 2016 and ends at 11:59 P.M. ET on August 4, 2016 (“Contest Period”). The Contest Period consists of an entry phase that begins on June 15, 2016 at 12:01 A.M. ET and ends on June 28, 2016 at 11:59 P.M. ET (the “Entry Phase”) in which applicants will be able to submit their projects (“Submission”). The winner will be selected on or about August 18, 2016.
- ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY DIRECTIONS: To enter yourself in the Contest or to nominate someone else for the Contest (the “Nominee“), you and the Nominee must be a legal resident of the 50 United States (“US“) or the District of Columbia (“DC“), eighteen (18) years of age or older and have the legal capacity to form contracts. Employees, officers and directors of either Indiegogo, Inc. or Pfizer, Inc. (Pfizer being the “Sponsor“), its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, and web masters/suppliers (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and their IRS dependents and immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings) and individuals residing in their same household, (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. Void outside of the US and DC and where prohibited by law. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes contestant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Contest Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All nominees must be willing to submit to a background check.
Submissions may be submitted individually or on behalf of a team, but in the case of a team entry, the prize will only be awarded to the individual who is identified on the entry form. In the case of a Submission by a team, the person who submitted the entry represents and warrants that he has the permission of all team members submit the Submission and agree to these Official Rules on behalf of all team members.
Submissions must meet the following requirements:
- Submissions must be written in the English language.
- Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights;
- Submissions must not have been submitted or entered into any other contest or competition;
- Submissions must not disparage the Contest Entities or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- Submissions must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, derogatory, or libelous;
- Submissions must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- Submissions must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Submission is created.
Any Submission that violates these requirements is subject to disqualification.
- WINNER SELECTION: Submissions will be judged by a panel of judges on their ability to improve the future of aging via health & wellness. Weighting criteria for judging includes:
- The project must be innovative and inspirational (25%)
- The project must provide a valuable product or service for our audience (25%)
- The project must have the potential for the greatest impact (25%)
- The project must support the view that each day is a chance to create a better life (25%)
All decisions of the judging panel are binding on all contestants.
Four semifinalists will be selected by Pfizer judges based on the outlined criteria. From July 13, 2016 12:00 A.M. ET to July 19, 2016 11:59 P.M. ET the Get Old online community will vote between Semifinalist A and Semifinalist B on Facebook, and the winner will advance to become Finalist A. From July 27, 2016 12:00 A.M. ET to August 2, 201611:59 P.M. ET the Get Old online community will vote between Semifinalist C and Semifinalist D on Facebook, and the winner will advance to become Finalist B.
Only votes from valid Facebook accounts will be accepted, and Sponsor reserves the right to take such steps as it deems necessary in its sole discretion, to verify the validity of votes. Votes from false, fictitious, duplicate, fraudulent or incomplete accounts will be disqualified. Automated voting of any kind is not allowed. Detection of automated voting will lead to such votes being voided. All decisions of Sponsor regarding the validity of votes are binding on all contestants. Any attempt to procure votes by offering any gift or other incentive will disqualify that contestant. NOTE: Any ranking or listing of voting results on the Facebook Page before the formal declaration of the finalist should be considered preliminary and should not be construed as the final vote. It is possible that after Sponsor validates votes, rankings may change and the finalist may be a contestant that had a lower ranking before such validation.
The two top vote getters among the semifinalists will be declared the finalists. The finalists will then be evaluated by the Pfizer judges and a winner will be chosen by Pfizer based on the criteria set forth above, in Section 4 (Winner Selection). The odds of a project winning depends on the number and quality of the Submissions received.
- PRIZES: The winner will receive a $50,000 grant from Pfizer, and a day of support from Pfizer employees (in the case of a team Submission only the person identified on the entry form will be entitled to receive the prize). The winner will also receive a coach/economy flight from a major airport nearest the winner’s residence to New York (flight chosen by Pfizer) to visit Pfizer in New York, NY, one night’s stay in a hotel (chosen by Pfizer). Breakfast & lunch will be served, but additional meals must be paid for by the winner. All other expenses of the trip are the sole responsibility of the winner. All travel arrangements must be made through Pfizer and the winner is responsible for travelling on the dates specified by Pfizer. Winner requests to reschedule travel arrangements may be approved at Pfizer’s sole discretion.The winner shall be solely responsible for all taxes incurred in connection with the prize. The prize is not transferable and no prize substitution is permitted except that the Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or great value if the stated prize is not available.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Winner will be selected on or about August 18, 2016. Winner will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. The winner will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. In addition, the potential winner must agree that Sponsor can conduct a background check on the potential winner before the potential winner is awarded the prize (and Sponsor may disqualify any potential winner in their sole discretion based on the background check. No contestant shall be declared a winner until they have complied with all the requirements of these Official Rules. Inability to contact a potential winner, return of any prize notification as undeliverable or the failure of a potential winner to return prize documentation may result in disqualification of that potential winner and selection of an alternate winner based on the criteria set forth above.
- LICENSE GRANT:
- Participants (on behalf of themselves and any team members that contributed to the Submission) hereby grant the Contest Entities a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, fully transferable, and worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation or right of review or approval. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant the Contest Entities the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license.
- The Contest Entities are under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submissions to contestants.
- USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: Subject to the license grants in Section 7.a., all rights in the Submissions remain the property of their owners. Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information provided by contestants for the Contest, including Submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. Submissions are not considered confidential and will not preclude Sponsor from using any of the materials in the Submissions for any purpose. Contestants should be aware that they are solely responsible for seeking any intellectual property protection, including any patent protection prior to providing the Submission to Contest Entities.
- NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK: By participating in this Contest, you acknowledge that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and release Facebook from any and all liability arising from or related to this Contest.
- CONDUCT: All contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process or is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Contest Entities are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. Sponsor may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Contestants further agree to release the Contest Entities and Facebook from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the Contest.
- RELEASES AND GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering the Contest, contestants (including, but not limited to, all semifinalists and finalists) agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Contest Judges, which shall be final and binding, and (b) that the Contest Entities and Facebook, their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information associated with the Contest, whether caused by Facebook Page/Contest Application users, tampering, hacking, or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) any errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation, or unauthorized access to the Facebook Page/Contest Application or in any materials associated with the Contest; (3) any injury, damage, or loss to contestants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from, or otherwise using, the Facebook Page/Contest Application; (4) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (5) any design, typographical or other errors in any materials associated with the Contest; (6) garbled, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, late, lost, undelivered, or unprocessed entries; (7) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor which may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or (8) any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by participation in this Contest, or by the acceptance and/or use of any prize or participation in prize-related travel or other activity. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, or suspend all or any portion of this Contest should fraud, virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, systems malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor and its agencies corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play or conduct of the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any third party’s failure to act in accordance with Sponsor’s instructions pertaining to the implementation of this Contest. Such information is not provided to Facebook.Subject to applicable law, contestants agree that (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of New York and (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs, and under no circumstances will contestants be permitted to obtain awards for, and contestants hereby waive all right to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, contestants’ rights and obligations or the rights and obligations of the Contest Entities in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to any choice-of-law or conflict-of-law rules (whether of the state of New York or any other jurisdiction) which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York. The invalidity or enforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.